Friday, July 10, 2009

The Start

Ok, so this is my first post of the food blog.

I can't put up new recipes or pics yet as i'm currently in HK on a summer program. As much as I wanna bake, sadly the apartment i'm renting doesn't let me. yea it does have a kitchen, but its limited to pots and pans. no oven. this is the longest I've gone without baking in...several months.lol..

It's such a pity! the supermarket here in HK is awesome!! it has a separate section specially dedicated to baking ingredients, utensils and equipment XD I can go hyper just by looking at it. They have the tart pans, cake pans, pudding/jelly molds, cupcake papers, etc in all sizes, and 2 rows of the different baking powders, essences, marzipans, icing and ready-made mixes. Where else can u find all of them in one place?melbourne does have this baking equipment shop called Let's Cook. but last i went, many of its baking trays were out of stock.

I bought myself two different tart pans, one 18cm and the other 21cm. Before I went back, I also bought the mini ones. I'm thinking of using them to practice making tarts this coming semester, with egg tarts topping the list. Egg tarts here in HK are delicious! I think they put almond flavour or the powder inside..I have yet to experiment with it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails