Thursday, December 24, 2009

Packing and unpacking


I didn't think the day would come so soon. This year has gone by in a flash and 2010 is just several days away. Looking back at the year and the 3 years before, I have many things to be thankful for. A few of which are:

1. the friends that I met in Melbourne
2. the life experiences from living as an overseas student
3. the discovery and growth of my passion in baking

It was with a heavy heart that I have to pack my things and head back home to Jakarta for good. The decision was sudden and I thought that it wouldn't happen for at least another 2 years. But around a few months ago, the option came up and it left a strong impression on me. I felt that I just have to go back.

For what? I don't know yet. But what's for sure is that I'm starting something new with what I have been given. Just like unpacking my baking supplies in Jakarta today. The place may have changed, I can't bring all the cookbooks, ingredients or equipment with me. But I can take my experience, the more essential ingredients and accumulate the other things that I need to continue baking. In the end, the results will show.

As the year ends, take the positive and make the best out of it. Happy holidays everyone :) May this Christmas and New Year bring both joy and peace to you.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas Tiffany & all the best in Jakarta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    thx! merry christmas to u too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i came across your blog and I really like it. I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog under mine :)
    It's really an inspiration since i'm also an overseas student in melb too:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails