Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tiramisu



Today was my sister R's birthday.

People usually surprise the birthday girl/guy with a cake they never expected. I, on the other hand, asked her what she wanted. Weird u can say, but hey it is her day and I want it to be something she likes. That's where Tiramisu comes in.

My surprise though is in the decoration and the giving. For the cake, I went back to Happy Home Baker's recipe here. This is the second time I tried it and it didnt disappoint :) It really is a foolproof recipe! it's quick, it's simple but it yields fantastic results! for all you first time or novice bakers like me, this is one of those few cakes with minimum techniques/experience but maximum WOW :D hehehe...


For decorations, I replaced the sponge fingers w/ hazelnut spiral wafer biscuits. I also added melted chocolate between the middle cream layer for extra taste. I think the cake's a great basic to try out any decoration ideas you have. You can add strawberries in between the layers or try and make chocolate shards for the sides. Maybe even bake profiteroles and stack them around the top. I'll try that next time.


Anyways, I came up with a story of having to meet someone for breakfast to take the cake early without her noticing and we managed to successfully surprised her with it after the church service :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails